DHI hair transplant is one of the most advanced hair transplantation methods using special devices called “implanter pen”. DHI hair transplantation technique, which can be defined as Direct Hair Implantation, is translated into Turkish as “Direct Hair Transplantation”.
One of the most important reasons why the DHI technique has come to the fore in recent years is that it is a two-stage method without incisions. In other hair transplantation techniques, hair transplantation, which is performed in three stages as graft collection, channel opening and graft transplantation, is carried out in two basic stages as graft collection and graft transplantation using the DHI method.
The most important factor in reducing hair transplantation to two stages is the use of implanter pen devices. After the graft is placed into the device, the skin is pierced and the graft is left directly into the skin. In this way, grooving and graft transplantation operations can be performed at the same time.
With DHI technique, the follicular units are implanted one by one directly to the transplant area using a special DHI implant tool (implanter pen / choi pen). The advantages of this technique:
In order to increase the follicular unit / graft survival rate, WHM team follow certain medical and non-medical practices that are not commonly followed by others:
During the consultation, donor hair samples are taken and the hair thickness is calculated so that according to the patient's hair caliber the relevant punch size (between 0.7mm and 0.9mm) can be determined. By using the right punch size, we aim to prevent any permanent harm in the donor area; not only to the graft extracted but also the surrounding grafts that are not being extracted (a.k.a transection).
Manual punch allows for a better understanding of tissue resistance and the location/angle of the follicle. It also helps to decrease follicular damage associated with heat, torsion and friction created by motorized devices.
Motorized FUE helps to extract larger quantities of follicular units per hour resulting in reduced time and a reduction in fatigue.
2. WHM team perform the extraction and implantation in stages (in 2-3 stages) to ensure that the grafts do not stay outside of the scalp for a long time (which is directly related to the graft survival rate again). In one of the earliest and most qualified studies on follicular units (1992), they recorded the following survival rates at different times:
i. 2 hours: 95% graft survival rate
ii. 4 hours: 90% graft survival rate
iii. 6 hours: 86% graft survival rate
3. In addition to this, to ensure the creation of a natural hairline, during the implantation phase, we use a digital microscope to select the 1 hair follicles to be used on the hairline.
● 3 nights of accommodation at a 4* Hotel with breakfast (single or double room)
● All transfers (airport - hotel - hospital - hotel - airport)
● English translator
● Blood analysis
● Needle-free preanaesthetic,
● Local anesthetic,
● PRP Treatment
● Postoperative care and first wash
● Medications, shampoo and lotion for the postoperative care and travel pillow
● 12-18 months postoperative follow-up
➔ Blood analysis.
➔ DHI Hair transplant :
◆ Consultation and design,
◆ Extraction and implantation of the first 1000 grafts,
◆ Extraction and implantation of the remaining grafts.
➔ Free Day
➔ Postoperative care and the first wash.
5 days before:
You should not smoke for at least 5 days before the surgery.
7 days before:
- Alcohol should not be consumed for 7 days before the date of surgery.
- Blood thinners (anticoagulant and antiplatelet medication) should be stopped, including aspirin, sildenafil (Viagra), vardenafil (Levitra) and tadalafil (Cialis) or other sexual enhancement pills.
- Minoxidil should not be applied to avoid excessive bleeding during the intervention.
● SEXUAL ACTIVITY: Please avoid any sexual activity during the first 7 days.
● ALCOHOL: Do not consume alcohol for 7 days after the operation. Although to ensure that the transplanted hair can get the best nutrition, it is recommended not to take alcohol for 30 days after the operation.
● TOBACCO: Do not smoke for 7 days after the operation, since your scalp can reduce the retention of the new implanted hair due to the modifications that tobacco produces in the circulatory flow. Although to ensure that the transplanted hair can get the best nutrition, it is recommended not to drink alcohol for 30 days after the operation.
● HELMET: During the first 30 days, do not use a motorcycle or bicycle helmet.
● PHYSICAL ACTIVITY: Do not practice sports that require great physical activity within
30 days after the operation. Do not bend or lift heavy objects.
● SEA: During the first 30 days after the transplant, do not swim in the sea.
● SUN: During the first 30 days, do not expose the scalp to the sun or high temperatures.
● POOL: During the first 2 months after the operation, do not swim in a pool.
● HAIR: For 1 year, the hair in the transplanted area should only be cut with scissors.
● The hair follicles transplanted become strong in a week after surgery.
● The transplanted hair grows for 2 to 4 weeks and then falls back. The fall is normal and somewhat expected and should not concern the patient in any case.
● The transplanted follicles begin to grow after the third or fourth month at a rate of 1cm per month after the aforementioned fall.
● The hair in the frontal zone will grow in 6 or 8 months and the hair in the upper area will grow in 8 or 12 months. This process will continue, reaching the final results in month 12 for the frontal zone and month 18 for the crown.